Anniversary GIFT Program
Junior Service League of North Houston, established in 1983, became Junior League of North Harris County, Inc on February 25, 1990. In 2005, South Montgomery County was added to our name. Our organization rebranded in 2015 to the current name of Junior League of The Woodlands (JLTW).
Throughout our history, our mission has always remained the same. We are an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. JLTWs purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
In the spirit of giving, JLTW, Inc. has established the Anniversary Gift Program to provide assistance to a local non-profit community organizations in need. Every 5 years, JLTW awards an Anniversary Gift that will leave a lasting impact on our community and act as a living legacy.
In celebration of our 30th anniversary, we encourage non-profit organizations within our service area of North Harris and South Montgomery counties to apply for our gift which will be awarded in the Spring of 2020 for the amount of $30,000. Applications will be accepted now until December 1, 2019 through the application link below.
If you have questions about JLTW Anniversary Gift Program, please contact us at AnniversaryGift@jltw.org.
Past Recipients of Community/Anniversary Gifts
- 2010 – Reaching Pines received a playground center worth $50,000.
- 2013 – Arrow Ministries received $15,000 to update a cabin into a transitional living space for sex trafficking victims.
- 2013 – St. Luke’s was awarded $5,000 for their Butterfly Garden, which is a serene area where families can go to grieve and reflect the loss of their loved ones.
- 2014 – Panther Creek Inspiration Ranch received $15,000 in funds for the purchase of a horse trailer to transport therapy horses. Northwest Assistance Ministries received $7,000 for the purchase of a Bilirubin machine to treat jaundice in newborns.
- 2015 – We gifted a total of $40,000 to 3 different programs:
- 2015 – Texas Children’s Hospital – The Woodlands was awarded a beautiful fish tank that will not only leave a lasting impression on our community but also bring wonderment and joy to thousands of children and their families.
- 2016 – Home Place of Texas received $30,000 for their faith-based comprehensive program of residential, day habilitation, and job training for adults 18 and over who have developmental disabilities.