JLTW has donated over $100,000 towards the Community Assistance Fund (CAF) and the Emergency Relief Fund (ERF) over the years. Organizations in our service area must apply for CAF funds each year. ERF applications are accepted and awarded throughout year to support the emergency needs of community organizations.
The following deserving organizations have been recipients of these gifts:
- Operation Independence
- Child Advocates of Montgomery County
- Tomball Pregnancy Center
- ESCAPE Family Resource Center
- JOY Ride
- Buckner Aldine Community Transformation Center
- Special CHEERS (Special Children with Horses for Evaluation, Education, Rehabilitation and Socialization)
- Be An Angel Fund, Inc.
- Hope Shelters, Inc.
- SIRE, Houston Therapeutic Equestrian Center
- Connecting Families
- Tamina Community Center
- Pregnancy Assistance Center North
- Northwest Assistance Ministries
- The Grief Resource Center
- Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Interfaith Community Clinic
- Montgomery County Women’s Center
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- National Assistance League
- Bridging for Tomorrow
- All Ears Listening and Language Center
- Runyan Elementary
Criteria for receiving funds from the Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc. (JLTW)
Before beginning the application process, please review the criteria below to determine if your proposed project is eligible for funding.
- Requests for funding shall be considered from organizations exempt from tax pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or any successor statute (the “Code”).
- Requests from individuals shall not be considered.
- The request must align with JLTW’s mission statement:
- Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
- Primary consideration will be given to requests which pertain to basic human needs or activities, and which develop or expand a significant service to the community. Projects that include a component for JLTW Members act as volunteers are strongly preferred and highly recommended.
- Community Assistance Fund monies must be spent within JLTW’s service area, within one-year of the time awarded.
- The request must be for a specific purpose, with the funds put to work as needed and not held for future contingencies. Request of a recurring projects are discouraged.
- JLTW CAF Awards are restricted funds. Recipients are required to submit Grant Reports upon completion of the project.
- Funding will not be considered for fundraising efforts.
Thank you so much for your interest in the 2022 JLTW CAF grant. The deadline for submitting applications is now closed. We will notify community partners in May if your organization has been awarded a JLTW Community Assistance Fund this year! Thank you!
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.