Since 2016, JLTW has donated over $500,000 to our community through the Community Assistance Fund (CAF) and the Emergency Relief Fund (ERF). ERF applications are accepted and awarded throughout year to support the emergency needs of community organizations. The CAF application process is open January to February each year, and organizations in our service area must apply each year in order to be considered for funding.
The following organizations were recipients of 2021-2022 CAF grant awards:
- The Champion Project (Project Info)
- God’s Garage (Project Info)
- Home Place of Texas
- Interfaith Community Clinic
- Mosaics of Mercy (Project Info)
- Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts
- Luke’s Foundation
Other organizations who have received grants since 2016 include:
- Operation Independence
- Child Advocates of Montgomery County
- Tomball Pregnancy Center
- ESCAPE Family Resource Center
- JOY Ride
- Buckner Aldine Community Transformation Center
- Special CHEERS (Special Children with Horses for Evaluation, Education, Rehabilitation and Socialization)
- Be An Angel Fund, Inc.
- Hope Shelters, Inc.
- SIRE, Houston Therapeutic Equestrian Center
- Connecting Families
- Tamina Community Center
- Pregnancy Assistance Center North
- Northwest Assistance Ministries
- The Grief Resource Center
- Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Interfaith Community Clinic
- Montgomery County Women’s Center
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- National Assistance League
- Bridging for Tomorrow
- All Ears Listening and Language Center
- Runyan Elementary
Criteria for receiving funds from the Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc. (JLTW)
Before beginning the application process, please review the criteria below to determine if your proposed project is eligible for funding.
- Requests for funding shall be considered from organizations exempt from tax pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or any successor statute (the “Code”).
- Requests from individuals shall not be considered.
- The request must align with JLTW’s mission statement:
- Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc. is an organization of women whose Mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
- Primary consideration will be given to requests which pertain to basic human needs or activities, and which develop or expand a significant service to the community. Projects that include a component for JLTW Members to act as volunteers are strongly preferred and highly recommended.
- Community Assistance Fund monies must be spent within JLTW’s service area, within one year of the time awarded.
- The request must be for a specific purpose, with the funds put to work as needed and not held for future contingencies. Request of a recurring projects are discouraged.
- JLTW CAF Awards are restricted funds. Recipients are required to submit Grant Reports upon completion of the project.
- Funding will not be considered for fundraising efforts.
The application for the 2023 JLTW CAF grant process is currently OPEN. The deadline for submitting applications is February 28, 2023 by midnight. We will notify community partners in April if your organization has been awarded a JLTW Community Assistance Fund grant this year.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.