Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc. (JLTW) Mission Statement:
The Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
JLTW Community Gift Program
In the spirit of giving, JLTW, Inc. has established a community gift program to provide assistance to a local community organizations in need. Every five years, in May, JLTW awards a Community Gift that will leave a lasting impact on our community and act as a living legacy.
- 2013 – Arrow Ministries received $15,000 to update a cabin into a transitional living space for sex trafficking victims.
- 2013 – St. Luke’s was awarded $5,000 for their Butterfly Garden, which is a serene area where families can go to grieve and reflect the loss of their loved ones.
- 2014 – Panther Creek Inspiration Ranch received $15,000 in funds for the purchase of a horse trailer to transport therapy horses. Northwest Assistance Ministries received $7,000 for the purchase of a Bilirubin machine to treat jaundice in newborns.
- 2015 – We gifted a total of $40,000 to 3 different programs. Lone Star Community Health received $15,000 to equip 2 dental rooms. Tamina Community Center received $15,000 for a truck for supply pick up, summer camping use and family assistance. South Montgomery County YMCA received $10,000 for a playground for disabled and non-disabled children.
- 2016 – Home Place of Texas received $30,000 for their faith-based comprehensive program of residential, day habilitation, and job training for adults 18 and over who have developmental disabilities. The focus of the day program is character development, social skills, fitness, and adult living.
If you have questions about JLTW Annual Community Gift Program, please contact us at CommunityGift@jltw.org.