#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that was built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and in countries around the world. It inspires people to take collective action to help create a better world and demonstrates how every act of generosity counts.
No gift is too small! Here is how your support can help Junior League of The Woodlands in our efforts to support women and children and build a better a community. We thank you in advance for supporting Junior League of The Woodlands on #GivingTuesday.
- Only $10 could provide 2 books for Literacy Carnival given to children in the Aldine community where 80% of the population lives at or below poverty level.
- A gift of $20 could provide hygiene kits for the Rainbow Room where children arrive once in the care of Child Protective Services.
- $30 can supply 6 Arts & Crafts kits for children admitted to Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands. The Healing Hearts craft cart provided 1201 TCH patients with crafts in the month of October 2017!
- A contribution of $40 can inspire educators with copies of Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy, guest speaker for IMPACT 2018. IMPACT invites all staff from 10 districts and local private schools admission free, to learn while earning continuing education credits.
- With $50 we could nourish 10 children in North Harris and South Montgomery County. Our H.A.P.P.Y. backpack program provides weekend food for children facing food insecurity.
- We could bring joy to 3 children in foster care by providing $75 for holiday toys at the CASA Christmas party.
- $100 Donation to the Junior League of The Woodlands Sustaining Scholarship Fund. This fund serves as an avenue to educate, encourage, and empower young women in our community by providing monetary assistance to graduating high school seniors with plans to continue their educations – young ladies with a dedication to service and leadership.
- With $150 we could equip our Kids in the Kitchen committee with snack and food supplies for educating 200 children about healthy eating habits.
- Giving $500 could provide volunteer training in human trafficking so that we can recognize the signs and raise awareness about trafficking.