H.A.P.P.Y. School Online Application
H.A.P.P.Y. Application Overview
The H.A.P.P.Y. Committee (Healthy Appetites Promote Positive Youth) provides trained volunteers to partner with area schools and provide campuses with weekend backpacks of healthy, child-friendly, nonperishable, and easily consumed food over the school year.
Schools interested in applying for our H.A.P.P.Y. program will need to meet the following criteria:
- Schools selected to partner with H.A.P.P.Y. must be within the JLTW
- The program will primarily serve schools which demonstrate a
measurable need of food insecurity in their specific campus.
- The partner/school district must initiate the relationship to serve as
program site and interest to enter in an equitable partnership with JLTW.
- Previous H.A.P.P.Y. school’s faculty and/or counselors to be considered for a continued H.A.P.P.Y. school must have a history of professional and courteous interactions with our JLTW volunteers.
**The JLTW Service Area includes North Harris and South Montgomery counties. These areas include but are not limited to: Champions, Spring, Cypress, Klein, Tomball, Jersey Village, Humble, The Woodlands, Conroe, & Willis.
- May be designated Title I schools.
- May have a percentage of economically disadvantaged population of 70% or higher for the previous school year. Federal school reports are made available to the public on each district website.
- Shall be classified as eligible for USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
- Partnerships are on a month-to-month basis. A partner school may be removed from the H.A.P.P.Y. program at any time within the school year at the request of H.A.P.P.Y. leadership and with approval by the JLTW Board.
Please direct any questions regarding the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.