Our Healing Hearts Committee aims to serve families visiting Texas Children’s Hospital of the Woodlands as well as St. Luke’s Hospital of the Woodlands. Our goal is to help make hospital experiences less stressful for those families, while also creating a strong & meaningful relationship with our local healthcare organizations. Here are some of the ways we help:
- Planning and volunteering at the annual NICU Reunion party. All former NICU patients and their families are invited each year.
- Help plan the annual St. Luke’s Butterfly Garden ceremony (garden was a JL community gift) in honor of neonatal bereavement.
- Greet families and provide books and toys to Texas Children’s Hospital patients upon their outpatient opening in October of 2016.
- Make rounds with toys, books & crafts throughout the inpatient care at Texas Children’s Hospital upon the inpatient opening in April 2017.
- Provide over 300 holiday stockings filled with goodies for pediatric patients at both St. Luke’s & TCH during the holidays.
- Help plan & provide volunteers for numerous community outreach events (Children’s Festival, March of Dimes, Nurse Appreciation, etc) with both St. Luke’s & TCH.
- The Distraction Station (donated by JLTW) provides multisensory distractions to pediatric patients undergoing treatment at the hospital.
- Help facilitate instruction and fun at monthly Sibling Classes hosted by St. Luke’s. Siblings tour the Family Birthing Center, learn how to change a diaper and much more.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.