Junior League programs and community funds are supported by money raised from various fundraising activities. This year includes:
- Junior League Holiday Market — held in November at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
- Texas Ties — our Tabasco award-winning cookbook which premiered in the fall of 1997 has been retired, but remains an important part of our League’s legacy.
- Texas Tables — our 2nd cookbook which premiered in fall of 2009; it is the 1st Texas Junior League cookbook to be printed on recycled paper.
- Giving Goes Glam — After ten years, we have sunset our partnering with Interfaith of The Woodlands and national retailers. We loved this retired event where where fashion, fun, and fundraising met!
- Bingo and Bubbles — Bingo & Bubbles is a luncheon style fundraising event focused on educating the public on JLTW Community Programs with the added fun of bingo!
- Little Black Dress – The Little Black Dress Initiative (LBDI) is a week-long, social media driven fundraising campaign that uses the iconic ‘little black dress’ to raise awareness about poverty and its effects. Participants wear one black dress for five consecutive days and are encouraged to harness the power of social media to drive online donations. The purpose of LBDI is not just to wear the same dress for five days. It provides a chance for us, as Junior League of The Woodlands members, to discuss the needs in our community and what we can do to help.
- The League’s Community Partners — our community partner relationships with various organizations continue to build and grow community programs, impacting families and youth. Our Community Research/Project Development is dedicated to structuring alliances with corporate sponsors for current and future community programs.